Find the six (6) hidden Kathmandu Easter Eggs during the promotional period, be the first to enter the correct answer after you see the 6th Easter Egg to win one (1) AUD 1,000 Kathmandu gift voucher. For further prize details see Prize section below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Promotion runs from 9:00AM AEST on 17th April 2019 to 11:59PM AEST on 28th April 2019 (Promotion Period). For the avoidance of doubt, the Promotion Period in New Zealand is 11:00AM (NZST) on 17th April 2019 to 1:59AM (NZST) on 29th April 2019. Entries received by the Promoter after the end of the Promotion Period shall not be eligible to take part in the Promotion.
- Kathmandu Pty Limited (ABN 84 007 047 547) and Kathmandu Limited (the Promoter, or Kathmandu) reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or withdraw the Promotion at any time.
- The success of each Entrant relies on, amongst other things, their problem solving abilities and speed of response. All judging decisions are as determined by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
HOW TO ENTER
- During the promotional period, the Promoter will publish via its Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/kathmandugear/ six (6) hidden Easter Eggs (with each hidden Easter Egg containing one letter) within the Instagram images posted.
- Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- Visit: the Promoter's Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/kathmandugear/; and
- Locate the six (6) hidden Easter Eggs within the Kathmandu Instagram images posted throughout the Promotional Period.
Then, after the sixth hidden Easter Egg Instagram image has been posted by the Promoter:
- Unscramble a word using all of the letters from each of the six (6) Easter Eggs;
- Visit the promotional page on the Kathmandu website at https://www.kathmandu.co.nz/adventure-egg-hunt/ or https://www.kathmandu.com.au/adventure-egg-hunt/
- Fill in the required entry form details and submit the answer to the word puzzle.
- The winner will be the first entrant whose valid entry with the correct answer to the word puzzle is received by the Promoter, in accordance with 5 above. Answers which are received prior to the sixth hidden Easter Egg Instagram image being posted by the Promoter will be deemed invalid (even if they have provided the correct answer to the word puzzle).
- Entries must be text, submitted only via the Kathmandu promotional page form above.
- Entrants can only enter once.
- The winner will be notified by email, by no later than 5:00pm AEST on 29th April, 2019.
- The winner must accept and claim the prize (including confirming his/her email address for delivery of the prize) by 11:59PM AEST on 6th May, 2019. In the event that the winner does not claim or forfeits the prize by this date or where the Promoter is unable to contact the winner by this date, the prize will be awarded to the entrant who submitted the second valid entry with the correct answer as received by the Promoter. The new winner will be notified via email by 8th May, 2019.
- By entering this Promotion the entrant consents to any information, excluding personal location or contact information, they submit being published on any Kathmandu online properties (including Kathmandu website, email campaigns, social media).
- There is one (1) prize available. The prize is one (1) Kathmandu gift voucher (redeemable in-store or online) valued at AUD 1,000 or NZD 1,000 in total depending on the country location of the winner.
- The Prize cannot be on sold, exchanged or redeemed for cash. The prize value is correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable goods and services tax.
- Entry into the Promotion is available only to persons who are:
- residents of Australia or New Zealand; and
- aged over the age of 16 (and entrants aged 16 or 17 must get approval from their parent/guardian before they enter, and if deemed to be the winner, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian);
- Employees of the Promoter (and their immediate families) and its subsidiaries and related companies and any agencies associated with this Promotion are not eligible to enter.
- The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require the entrant to produce (within the requested time) appropriate identification to the Promoter’s satisfaction at its sole discretion in order to confirm the entrant’s identity or eligibility to enter and claim the Prize (including proof of residency status, age and employment), and any information submitted by the entrant in connection with entering the Promotion, before issuing the prize.
- If any information required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) within the time period specified or an entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then the entry of that entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- Entrants must not:
- tamper with the entry process;
- engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion;
- act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner;
- do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this Promotion;
- breach any law; or
- behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- If an entrant or their entry is deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if they are unable to take the prize as specified, their entry may be discarded. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from the winner winning a prize. The winner should seek independent financial advice. If for any applicable goods and services tax purposes this Promotion results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, the winner must follow the relevant Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal applicable goods and services tax inclusive market values.
- Kathmandu and any other person or party associated with this Promotion are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, fax equipment, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s fax equipment, mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this Promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this Promotion.
- Kathmandu and any other person or party associated with this Promotion shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the Promotion or taking any prize or using any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Each entrant unconditionally and irrevocably releases and discharges Instagram from any and all liability in connection with the Promotion.
- By submitting an entry form and entering into the Promotion, the entrant:
- warrants that all information is true and correct. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid;
- agrees to participate in all promotional, public or marketing activities requested by the Promoter in connection with the Promotion and delivery of the prize, including use of the prize and the winner’s image (including photograph or recording) for broadcast or publication in any medium, for an unlimited period of time without any notification, remuneration or compensation; and
- is deemed to accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- how a person can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds and seek the correction of such information; and
- how a person can complain about a breach of privacy and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
- The terms and conditions of the Promotion are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.