Change of mind
Changed your mind? No worries, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund.
- Post it back to us or take it in to your nearest store for an exchange (subject to stock availability) or a refund*
- Goods must be returned in unused condition, in original packaging (with tags attached) along with proof of purchase and within 60 days of the purchase date.
- Applies to full price, sale and clearance items but excludes goods sold as ‘seconds’, and NZ DOC Hut tickets.
*Items purchased using Afterpay (online) must be returned via post if a refund is required. Items purchased from marketplaces such as Ebay, TradeMe, Amazon and other authorised third party resellers must be returned via the marketplace you purchased from. Please refer to the relevant marketplace for details of the returns policy that applies to your purchase.
The change of mind returns & refunds terms and conditions are set out below. These terms apply to change of mind returns only, not returns for faulty, damaged or incorrect items.
Faulty, damaged or incorrect items
If there is a problem with your item, including faulty items, damaged items or if we accidently sent you the wrong item, we’ll sort you out - visit us in store or contact a member of our team before you return your purchase and we can talk you through your options.
How to return an item for refund or exchange
Items purchased in store must be returned to a store. You can return an item to your nearest Kathmandu store.
Or, you can return an item by post by completing the returns procedure on your packing slip or by filling out a Returns Form, securely packaging your item and posting to:
33 Kennaway Road
It’s your responsibility to return the items to us in a safe and secure way to avoid loss or damage. Please allow 14 days for us process your return or exchange once it’s been received by us. International customers, please mark your parcel ‘returned goods’ to avoid customs delays and allow additional time for your return to reach us. We will notify you by email when we have processed your refund or exchange. Processing times for returns or exchanges may take longer during sales periods.
We are committed to complying with all obligations under consumer law. Any rights you have under this policy in relation to your Kathmandu product are additional to any rights you may have under consumer laws.
If you have any queries or require any assistance concerning this policy, please contact us.
Change of mind returns, exchanges & refunds terms and conditions
- Goods must be returned in unused condition, in original packaging (with tags attached) along with proof of purchase and within 30 days of the purchase date.
- Applies to full price, sale and clearance items but excludes goods sold as ‘seconds’, and NZ DOC Hutt tickets.
- Kathmandu vouchers or gift cards cannot be returned/refunded or exchanged for cash or other tender types.
- Refunds can be issued as a credit voucher or a refund to your original payment method.
- When returning an online purchase, the original delivery charges will not be refunded.
- For change of mind returns via post, Kathmandu does not cover the cost of delivery back to our warehouse; you must cover the cost of postage. If you would like an exchange, we will cover the postage cost on your exchange order if it is over $100. Exchange orders below $100 will be subject to our usual delivery charges.
- For international orders, we will not accept liability for any customs duties or taxes that may be payable in relation to the order or its return. We do not offer exchanges on international orders. If an alternative product is required, you will need to place a separate order for this.
- For online purchases made as a ‘Guest’ customer, we are only able to arrange an exchange or a refund by creating an ‘Online Account’. Unless we are instructed otherwise, we will create an ‘Online Account’ for all ‘Guest’ customer exchanges or returns. Alternatively, we can arrange a refund via the original payment method, so that another ‘Guest’ purchase can be placed independently. Please contact us to discuss.
- If you return a purchase made by gift card we will give you a replacement gift card or credit note to the value of the gift card.
- For purchases made using multiple payment methods, any refund will be made to the original tender types.
- When returning an item to us by post it is your responsibility to return the item to us in a safe way – Kathmandu is not responsible for items being returned to us that are lost or damaged in transit.
- This policy is in addition to, and does not affect, your rights under consumer laws. These terms apply to change of mind returns only, not returns for faulty, damaged or incorrect items.